Technological Advancements: Simplifying the Challenges in the Textile Industry
Garments as well as cotton yarn manufacturers in India have gone through a sea change in manufacturing technology over the past few years. Fashion never remains stagnant and keeps evolving always. People’s likings and preferences keep changing at regular intervals. Advancements in garment machinery technology have empowered garments manufacturers like never before. And accordingly they are meeting the needs of their customers. Experts believe that the best garment manufacturing technologies have simplified the challenges.
This blog brings you some glimpses of trending technologies:
The Rise of Robotic Manufacturing
Hand-stitched garments or apparel have no substitute at all. The levels of attention and details that a professional can give to garments are beyond compare. The fashion industry not only in India but also across the globe believes in the same fact. But, this thinking has also changed over the past few years. Now, the rise of machine learning has changed the entire scenario. This new-age concept has eliminated the need for manual intervention at almost all the crucial stages and phases of production.
Today, the leading garment manufacturers in the country are opting for robotic manufacturing. And, this new approach has replaced almost all the outdated processes. Some of the new approaches and advancements include the following:
- Superfast, automatic sewing machines
- Laser cutting machines
- Buttonhole machines, and
- Fusing machines.
Well Streamlined Supply Chains
The global garment industry is very demanding and calls for the following:
- Fast lead times
- Prompt deliveries
- Flawless products, and
- Value for money for customers.
The garment manufacturers as well as cotton yarn manufacturers have realized it well. It is because the key to a powerful presence lies in the abovementioned points. A single hiccup in the supply chain is enough to affect their repute in the market. So, streamlining the supply chain is imperative. Some of the top benefits of streamlining include the following:
- Preventing all the delays in the production and distribution
- Ensuring revenue and growth
- Preventing all the mishaps that affect the flow of production
- Bringing the majority of supply chain processes in-house
- Ensuring better material sourcing, packaging, and shipping
- Eliminating all potential production delays and disruptions.
3D rendering and printing have brought a never-before revolution in the garment industry. These innovative machines are capable of creating custom-made products in a stunning variety in the fastest possible manner. The garments manufacturers have embraced these revolutionary technologies. And all this has resulted in the following:
- On-demand printing on everything right from pants to T-shirts
- A more accurate, specific, and precise depiction of how the end product will look like
- More power to designers to manipulate the design in real-time
- Assurance of matching the design with specifications in a perfect way.
Instant Data Analysis
Fashion trends have the power to influence consumer buying behavior. As a result, they drive the global garment industry. And, garments manufacturers also need to adapt to the customers’ demands. It is necessary to meet their expectations in styles and trends. So, they now can pull reports in no time and analyze their production data. So many dynamic software solutions are coming into play with each passing day. Garment manufacturers are using these solutions to unite manufacturing with cloud computing. This is empowering them to deliver comprehensive data to all in the supply chain. This empowers all departments and partners to contemplate the data.
The manufacturing software solutions for the garment industry are dynamic. But the garments manufacturers in India can integrate them into their ERP applications. The software provides the manufacturers with the power of the following:
- Perfect integration with all the purchasing modules
- Setup complete and comprehensive job costing profiles
- Generate all the general as well as ledger postings
- Group manufacturing, designing, and production-related jobs for easy inquiry as well as reporting.
Sustainable and Customized Production
3D technology has also helped the garment manufacturers greatly. As a result, they are producing customized garments via sustainable production methodologies. Customers these days ask for clothing that’s custom-made as per their styles as well as body sizes. Custom-made garments are creating demand in the market even before they’re manufactured. It provides the suppliers with the advantage of a committed sale.
The future of apparel manufacturing technology
Needless to say, the future of apparel manufacturing technology looks brighter. The following factors are evidencing the same:
- Technology is driving the current trends in the apparel industry
- Artificial intelligence is revolutionizing product design
- Technology is streamlining the manufacturing and supply chains
- Technology is expediting production
- It is facilitating direct-to-consumer distribution
- It is redefining shopping experiences in-store and online
- Creating personalized products for individual consumers.
Current garment manufacturing scenario in India
Over the past 2 decades, the garments manufacturers in India have taken a giant leap. They have embraced new-age manufacturing technology to take patterns to the next levels. Almost all the manufacturers have a dedicated research and development department. Here they conduct new experiments while ideating, innovating, and creating newer garments. Indian manufacturers are having a lion’s share in various ‘first–time’ products. They are also taking innovations to the next level in the realm of the garment industry.
Today, these garment manufacturers are meeting the demands of customers in the country. They are also keeping pace with the fashion trends abroad. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the Indian garment manufacturing industry has registered remarkable growth. These garment manufacturers are meeting the demands of customers in India. The exports are also touching newer heights with each passing year. The government is also making efforts to boost this sector.
SUDARSHAN JEANS LTD is a leading textile manufacturing company involved in the manufacturing of Cotton yarn, Terry Towels and Denim Fabrics. The company started its operation in the year 2003, with cotton yarn. As of now, the company is one of the largest manufacturers of Denim fabric and Terry towels in the country with an annual capacity of 70 Million meters/PA of Denim Fabric and 21000 MTPA of Terry towel.